Sunday, July 27, 2014


Digital drawing in Krita. Fast, loose monochrome rendering using the Ink_tilt_20 brush. Well, loose everywhere except in the mouth area where I went back and forth in black and white (I used white as an eraser). I wouldn't say the likeness is there but it's close enough. Digital is cool and all but doing a full portrait in color still takes quite a bit a time (compared to the real media). An ink drawing takes a mere 5 to 10 minutes. Even with digital, you can do loose, quick sketches, and that's a good thing. I tend to work small, not zooming in unless I really have to. That speeds up the process even more. Of course, nothing beats working with a pen on real paper but then, you have to scan the thing. Reference and other renderings: Would someone like to draw my SO? His smile lights my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment